Storymakers League’s 2nd Asian Story Writing Challenge was launched during Frankfurt Book Fair at the Malaysian Pavilion (Hall 4.0, B74) on Thursday, 10th October 2018 at 2.00pm.
It is targeted at young aspiring authors across Asia, aged 10 to 17 who have the passion in storytelling to write an original English Language fiction of any genre in less than 1800 words. They must, however highlight in some ways, their country of residence in a creative and positive way – its people, architecture, culture, food, lifestyle, etc. The challenge will end on 31st January 2019.
Through this challenge, Storymakers League is looking for 50 winners across Asia who will be enrolled as its third intake. All submitted entries will go through a 2-step judging process. The first step is to look for 100 finalists. The entries from finalists will be posted and shared on social media platforms to gauge their popularity. The second step will then select the Top 50 winners. Each story will be judged mainly on its originality, plot, character development, theme and style by an international panel of judges.
The Top 50 winners will be enrolled into Storymakers League and receive exclusive Storymakers League jackets and other merchandise. They will see their story published in physical and digital formats and distributed worldwide by Storymakers League’s partners. They will also receive royalties from the sales of whatever published content they write.
Storymakers League’s 2nd Asian Story Writing Challenge is organized by Shake Book Projects Sdn. Bhd., in collaboration with the National Book Council of Malaysia, and supported by a growing list of partners that include Perbadanan Kota Buku, BOOKCAPITAL.my and e-Sentral.
These following partners: National Book Committee of Indonesia, National Book Development Board of the Philippines and International Children’s Content Rights Fair (ICCRF) have agreed to help promote this challenge in Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand, respectively. We welcome parties in other Asian countries to help promote this challenge to the their talented young authors too!
- The challenge is open to all residents of Asia, ages 10 to 17.
- The story must be an ORIGINAL FICTION, written in English Language and has never been published or submitted to any other competition before.
- The story must have a title and can be of any topic and genre (mystery, fantasy, horror, science fiction, adventure, etc.) within 1800 words.
- The story must be typed using basic fonts (like Arial or Times New Roman, etc) and saved either in WORD or PDF format.
- The setting of the story MUST be the author’s country of residence, highlighting in some ways, its people, architecture, culture, food, lifestyle, etc. in a positive and creative manner.
- An author can submit more than one story. Submit a new entry for each story.
- The author allows Storymakers League to publish his/her story(ies) for promotional and commercial purposes.
- 50 winners will automatically enrolled in Storymakers League, where they will interact with each other virtually, engage in writing exercises and projects, receive exclusive jackets and other merchandise, give consent to have their work published and distributed globally, and receive royalties for all published work.
- Deadline for submission is 31 January 2019.
- The Top 50 winners will be announced latest by 30th April 2019.
Challenge Submission Form
Submit your story before 31st January 2019.